1. I love that you are the most devoted father. Even after working a 10 hour day you can walk through the door in your suit, plop down on the floor, and wrestle with our boys.
2. I love how supportive you are of my wild and zany decorating ideas. Even when I want to paint our entry way with 9, 9-inch stripes every night for 3-4 hours for 11 days you are right on board with me.
3. I love how you have a big sweet tooth (even though you say you don’t). I’ve never seen anyone down 3 donuts and a glass of milk faster than you. It’s okay to admit it love.
4. I love your fanstastic sense of humor. I’ve never laughed harder with anyone in my whole life.
5. I love that you are so passionate about windsurfing. I still remember the first day I introduced you to the sport in Kailua, HI. I was in the water with my dad and uncle wrestling with that darn board and sail while you sat there on the beach refusing to give it a try. Finally you relented and have been hooked ever since. You’re even better than me now.
6. I love what a great student you are. Who else can brag about their professor wanting to use their final paper as an example to all his students on the correct way to write a paper?
7. I love (and think it extremely funny) to see you sprinting on the treadmill full speed with your iPod in your ears. What are you listening to? Metallica? No. Lucky Dube? No…General Conference.
8. I love that no matter how big of stinkers your students can sometimes be you can always find a way of breaking down their walls and get through to them.
9. I love that you have a dream of one day going back to Ecuador and building homes for the people there.
I love you, Jake! Thanks for being so wonderful. Here’s to eternity!