I spied this lamp at a thrift store for $5.00 a while ago. I kept thinking about it and to my suprise it was still there a couple weeks later (that NEVER happens to me).
I first gave it a quick (and sloppy), light sanding.
Next a coat of spray primer.
To tie in with my brown, white and green color scheme I sprayed it green.
It tied in nicely but not “pop”-y enough.
Then I thought a brighter green might give it the “pop” I was after.
My husband took one look at it, picked it up, set it on top of the garbage can and said, “looks great it your going for the Waste Management look.”
I finally decided if I wanted a “pop” of color then fire engine red would hit the mark.
Third time’s a charm.
Red it is.
Next, re-purpose the changing table from IKEA in to a bedside table.
This required taking the legs off to reduce the height and removing the top rails.
Light sanding, coat of spray primer, 3 coats of white spray paint.
Last to get a new coat of paint was this shelf I found at an estate sale months ago.
(My husband has hated this thing ever since it came to live with us).
Light sanding, coat of spray primer, couple coats of white spray paint, yadi, yadi.