Michelle and I are celebrating our 9th anniversary August 14th and I thought I’d share with her some of the things I remember about that delightful day.
1. I remember being really nervous as I entered the lobby of the Salt Lake Temple and my best man, Kurt Hanson, telling me that if I had any doubts, now would be a good time to run.
2. I remember sitting with you in the peaceful Celestial room before the ceremony and thinking how beautiful you looked.
3. I remember looking at you across the altar without a clue about where the next nine years would take us, let alone eternity. I was only thinking about that night. Grrrrrrrr.
4. I remember you sporting your white tennis shoes under your wedding dress as we danced about the temple grounds for pictures.
5. I remember the photographer letting me look through the lens of his camera as you sat next to large window in the JS building and thinking I was the luckiest man on the earth. You looked radiant!
6. I remember you doing the hula for me at our wedding lunch. Boy you know how to move!
7. I remember our little rendezvous after the sealing inbetween lunch and the reception. GrrrrrRRRRRRR! Everyone thought we were taking a nap…yea right!
8. I remember getting to the reception and your dad had my tuxedo and I, for some reason, had his. Guests started showing up and you had to greet them by yourself for a while I waited for my tux to arrive.
9. I remember as we left family and friends behind that night to begin our new life together that you cried all the way to the hotel and I think all the way to Mexico. Remember the swans on our bed in Mexico?
Michelle, you are simply amazing! I love you and happy 9th anniversary.