I was asked to teach a quick segment on how to bring a little pizzazz to gift wrapping at our Enrichment Night this month. Here are just a FEW examples…
Here are a few tips:
1. DO invest in neutral, sold color wrapping papers. White and black are my favs…it goes with any gender, holiday, or occasion based on how you embellish it (or not).
2. DO embelish. Use anything that has an interesting shape, color or pattern. Tissue paper, scrapbook letters, flowers, toys, ribbons.
3. DO make your own ribbons. You can tie your own bow and customize it to any size.
4. DO find interesting boxes to wrap your gifts in. Asian take-out boxes, pink pastry boxes, clear berry containers, clear empty paint cans, etc.
1. DON’T use gift bags (unless you’re totally pressed for time). They are too expensive, too impersonal and don’t make a “I put a lot of thought in to this presentation” statement. If you have to use gift bags, by a solid color and personalize it yourself with embellishments.
2. DON’T by ready-made ribbons. They are too expensive.