This holiday season I’m participating in a Cricut Secret Santa exchange (#secretcricutsantaexchange) between bloggers. How it works is you are assigned a name and you have to make a gift using the Cricut Explore Machine. I got creative genius Jen Goode from 100 Directions blog. I wanted to make something she could use all throughout the year and not just during the holidays. I put my creative thinking cap on and came up with a Treat Jar.
It’s really just personalizing a generic glass jar you would find at most any big box store with a message.
For this project I used some Transfer Tape and my Explore Machine to cut out the word “TREATS”.
- 1. Using your Explore Machine cut out your message.
2. Stick it directly on to the jar. (Make sure the jar is clean and free from any residue).
3. Using some etching cream (I used Armor Etch) apply with a popsicle stick and leave on for about 60 seconds.
4. Wash off with water.
5. The glass that was in contact with the cream will reveal your message.
6. Remove the Transfer Tape.
Just in case a few cookies aren’t enough Santa can help himself. Merry Christmas Jen! I hope you enjoy!
A big thank you to Cricut for sponsoring this project.